1. It has 350 million users: Yes! Facebook has that many users. On average, 50% of its active users log on to Facebook everyday. The fastest growing demographic is the 35 years and older age group.
2. Fans: Everyday, more than 10 million users become fans of Pages.
3. Average number of friends: An average user has 130 friends on Facebook.
4. Time wasted spent: Alright.. more than 6 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day (worldwide). That is twice as much as the time spent on Google.
5. Status Updates: There are more than 55 million status updates daily.
6. Photos: More than 2.5 billion photos are uploaded to the site each month
7. Videos: 14 million videos are uploaded each month
8. Content: More than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared each week
9. Events: More than 3.5 million events are created each month
10. Groups: More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site currently
11. Multinational: More than 70 translations are available on the site and about 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
12. Applications engagement: Every month, more than 70% of Facebook users engage in Platform applications
13. Active Applications: More than 350,000 active applications are on Facebook’s Platform
14. Applications with more than 1 million users: More than 250 applications have more than one million monthly active users
15. Facebook connect: More than 15,000 websites, devices and applications have integrated Facebook Connect since its general availability in December 2008
16. Facebook mobile addicts: There are more than 65 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. People who use Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50% more active than non-mobile users!
17. Facebook Pages: More than 1.6 million active Pages on Facebook and have created more than 5.3 billion fans!
18. Average user has 130 friends on the site
19. Average user sends 8 friend requests per month
20. Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
21. Average user clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month
22. Average user writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month
23. Average user becomes a fan of 2 Pages each month
24. Average user is invited to 3 events per month
25. Average user is a member of 12 groups
26. Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire:That’s according to the latest Forbes list.
27. Mark’s settlement: In June 2008, Mark Zuckerberg paid a 65 million dollar settlement to close a long-running legal battle, concerning whether Mark stole the Facebook idea from his former room mate.
28. Offices: Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. U.S. offices: Atlanta; Chicago; Dallas; Detroit; New York; Venice Beach, Calif. International offices: Dublin, Ireland; London; Paris; Sydney; Toronto.
29. Facebook Disease: Psychologists have introduced the diagnosis FAD (Facebook Addiction Disorder), as a new kind of addiction disorder. Perhaps SMAA can help.